Read Your Business Gas Bill
Your company's gas bill explained!
- 1. Billing address – this is the address where your bills are sent to
- 2. Account Number – the account number for the site
- 3. Invoice number – the number of the invoice
- 4. Date (Tax Point) – the date the bill was produced
- 5. Supplied Address – the address of the site that the gas has been supplied to
- 6. Statement Section – this gives you a brief outline of balances brought forward from previous invoices, payments made to the account and any credits on the account.
- 7. MSN – this is the meter serial number that appears on front of your meter
- 8. MPR – this is the Meter Point Reference number and it uniquely identifies the location of the meter point.
- 9. Period of Use from and To - dates of which the supply period runs from and to
- 10. Meter Readings – refers to the previous and present meter read
- 11. Meter Unit – this identifies whether the meter reads the amount of gas used in cubic meters (M3) or cubic feet (HCUF, OCUF, TCUF)
- 12. CF – this is the correction factor, it is a factor applied to take into account the effect of temperature and pressure on the delivery of gas. It is used, with the calorific value, to convert units to kWh's.
- 13. Calorific Value – along with the correction factor this figure is used to convert the units to kWh's. It is a figure calculated by the transporter and is basically a measure for the heating power and quality of the gas.
- 14. Energy – this is the converted figure from the units to kWh's
- 15. Price (p/unit) – the rate at which the units are charged, pence per kWh
- 16. Daily Charge – this is a fixed charge that includes metering and transportation costs. May also include commission.
- 18. VAT at 17.5% - VAT charged on the Net total